Incredible Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bridge officer question

4 posters

Go down

Bridge officer question Empty Bridge officer question

Post  Romanov Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:58 pm

I've been putting some thought into my Bridge Officers and just wondered if anyone knew how customisable they will be. I would like one officer who is a completely new custom race alien and one who is half Klingon/half Vulcan. Is this possible or is this level of customisation only for the player character?

Romanov

Champions : Mandate/Gabriel Grant

Back to top Go down

Bridge officer question Empty Re: Bridge officer question

Post  Rhino Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:47 pm

I'm interested in this too, although I assumed that bridge crew creator is like Nemesis one in CO, giving all options as for main character.
Rhino
Rhino

Champions : Diana and Angelique

Back to top Go down

Post  Seetherius Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:02 pm

I can't give a final answer to this as Bridge Officers and their appearance are still in the flux of change. RIght now it works so: you choose from one "vendor" an officer and see which race it is, like Vulcan, and then you have it in your invetory and have to double click it and then first only you see if it's a male or female. So far there's no "new race" for the bridge officers, but you can customize like you want. A hybrid of a vulcan and klingon falls also under the category of "new race".
Seetherius
Seetherius
Admin

Champions : Light of Truth

Back to top Go down

Post  Romanov Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:42 pm

Seetherius wrote:So far there's no "new race" for the bridge officers, but you can customize like you want. A hybrid of a vulcan and klingon falls also under the category of "new race".

This seems like a missed opportunity to me. Having what seems to be an amazing character generator that you can only really use to its full potential once. Also it prevents people having a complete crew made up of their created race. Hope this changes before launch as personally it limits ideas I had for several of my bridge crew.

Romanov

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhino Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:51 pm

I think the general idea for this was to give game content. for instance as you discover new races in game they become available to you as officers, just making new race would kill that part.
But still it would be fun to make Dianans... goody-goody race famous by their cooking who consider pink as sacred color. Wink
Rhino
Rhino

Back to top Go down

Post  Romanov Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:05 pm

Rhino wrote:For instance as you discover new races in game they become available to you as officers, just making new race would kill that part.

I didn't know this and it does seem like a good feature. However, I think there should be an option for mixed parentage characters as one has featured in three of the five Trek series. And I want my Klingon/Vulcan Razz

Romanov

Back to top Go down

Post  Diurne Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:19 pm

If you create your custom race, you also have to pick the racial traits from a list. I believe that list includes "regular races" traits as well.
So the Vulcan Mind Meld, I believe, is free to pick for custom races for example.

Diurne

Champions : Sable Lynx

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhino Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:46 pm

Hmmmmm... now when you said that, I hope that will include Borg skills from preorder bonus borg for me. In that case I could make my own version of former borg, who IS customizable in appearance. Very Happy
Rhino
Rhino

Back to top Go down

Post  Romanov Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:50 am

I had a quick go in open beta last night. One thing I couldn't work out how to do though is customise the bridge officers. Is there a particular contact that you need to go to to do this?

Romanov

Back to top Go down

Post  Seetherius Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:20 am

At the tailor in Sol Starbase. It's a cardassian who can change your appearance as well as of your BOs. I think he's in the Requisition department in the base.
Seetherius
Seetherius
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Romanov Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:05 pm

My first Bridge Officer was a blonde human female called Diana Smile

Is it possible to change Boff's names? I tried but the full name (first, middle and last) was greyed out I could only change the "eg Bones" name.

Romanov

Back to top Go down

Post  Diurne Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:50 am

Yes but the interface only updates partially 'like you have the new name in the NPC display while on away team but not on the roster window, stuff like that).
I believe you can edit their name at the tailor. At least it was doable before open beta.

I also checked and no, despite my earlier belief, specific racial traits are exclusive. So you can't pick Nerve Pinch for a custom race and make your half-vulcan/half klingon mary-sue.
There is a big list of generic traits, Starfleet races don't have access to all at once. But a custom race can pick any.

Diurne

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhino Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:21 pm

"By popular demand, Bridge Officers can now be immediately renamed and tailor when they join your crew. Sex and species are still off the customization block, but pretty much everything else can be meddled with."
Rhino
Rhino

Back to top Go down

Post  Seetherius Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:21 pm

Cool! So I have only to watch what species and gender my new upcoming officer will have and the rest I can edit. Should make it easy to resemble some NPCs officer of the USS Independence (like Doctor Seyler Twisted Evil).
Seetherius
Seetherius
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Diurne Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:04 pm

Rhino wrote:"By popular demand, Bridge Officers can now be immediately renamed and tailor when they join your crew. Sex and species are still off the customization block, but pretty much everything else can be meddled with."

Actually, it was the original intent, but since Cryptic lacks time, that feature was left under the radar, probably with the hope the future customers won't make it too much a fuss.
It's a bit like the CO Nemesis, originally planned to occur over your whole heroic career, then sent to post-30 levels and finally put back a bit earlier to 25 when people complained too much about seeing a "core feature" for only the last ten levels (the fact they may take as much time as the first 30 didn't look to be important to people)..

Last edited by Diurne on Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Diurne

Back to top Go down

Post  Romanov Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:06 pm

Sweet. Now all I need is someone to take any Andorians and other races I don't want off my hands Smile

Romanov

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down