Incredible Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Costumes saves

3 posters

Go down

Costumes saves Empty Costumes saves

Post  Diurne Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:28 pm

From what I understand, when we save costumes, the corresponding files are created in the screenshot folder of the game.
It does mean we should be able to share those files and create costumes for, say, common use.

So one possibility I see (and because the idea entertains me) is to create the known villains of the Champions Universe (without the exclusive costume we can see on them, however. So "close approximation", some being much easier to do than others).
Villains files who could later be used for your Nemesis look (should you want an established villain).
I'm going to make some of them, a few, or many (but all, I doubt).

Another option is to create a League/Supergroup uniform and share it with the members. So we just tweak the "blueprint" at our leisure instead of guessing what color or costume piece is used.

It also looks costumes are saved by gender. So for a unisex costume, it may need to be saved in both genders at first.

Finally, as a request, can anyone send me such files from the screenshot folder ?

Diurne

Champions : Sable Lynx

Back to top Go down

Costumes saves Empty Re: Costumes saves

Post  Rhino Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:05 pm

Sent.
Yes, you just have to put the photo file in yous Screenshots folder and you can load whole character preset (except powers and description, and I think pose and face expression). But it is not truly useful for sharing common SG costume (except for seeing what to make) because it saves whole character, so if you for instance make a costume on generic look and send it to me, it will be useless really because the look of the loaded character (face and build) will be of the original you used. But it can be used for seeing what costume parts to use and what colors, which is good.
Rhino
Rhino

Champions : Diana and Angelique

Back to top Go down

Post  Diurne Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:28 am

So it works, as odd as it can sound (to me at least).
Getting those jpg files to put into the screenshot folder and you have in the character creator the option to load the corresponding costume.

Meaning then we can "trade" costumes that way, or create a collection of cool-looking costumes.

Diurne

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhino Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:03 pm

Yes, on technical side, I don't get it how they did it. The pics are small low-res screenies, I don't see how they can carry the data needed. Maybe the trick is in the filename? Or something within the jpeg code itself? I'll do series of experiments on the files once just for curiosity's sake. Smile
What matters is that the system works.
Rhino
Rhino

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhino Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:08 pm

I did a bit of experimenting and somehow costume data is within the jpeg itself. any tinkering with it (simple color scheme change, adding something on the picture or recompressing) ruins the data. So, someone has urges mess with it, as I did... don't. Smile Just sent it as it is.
Rhino
Rhino

Back to top Go down

Post  Marvel Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:31 am

I still have problem designing "civilian clothes" for Psyche and Marvel, main problem being the face "unmasked".
Whatever I try and no matter how I tweak the sliders, I always end unsatisfied and find the faces ugly.
So, if one of you, talented artists, could send me some of your saves on femal chars without masks, I would be forever grateful. Smile

Marvel.
Marvel
Marvel

Champions : Marvel & Psyche

Back to top Go down

Post  Diurne Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:35 pm

Considering I've made only male characters so far... Smile

Diurne

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhino Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:46 pm

I'm very happy with my females (actually character creator is way better in making female face than male), and I have better idea... send me the character, I'll try tweaking with it a bit (using the token as reference) and send it back to you.

Only problem I had was with Diana looking too young, but Just few days back I redid her face once more and I finally got her yet mature look. Smile
Rhino
Rhino

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down