Incredible Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Champions, characters and all...

4 posters

Go down

Champions, characters and all... Empty Champions, characters and all...

Post  Rhino Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:57 pm

I simply love CO. It's design and comicbook feeling in everything is great. That was the bit I missed in CoH. Here everything screams superhero genre, from comicbook letters to the whole cell shaded drawn-like look.
As far as character creation is concerned, yes it has less stuff than CoH, but it has more diverse things (plus it's far, far better than CoH was when I started playing it). The only odd thing is the fact you can't see how your weapons look like or how are they colored. I had to make several Angies to make her claws decent looking (yes, she still has them, Angie without them somehow felt as not-Angie). So I guess that will be fixed in some of the upcoming updates.

So far I made Diana and Angie. Diana is quite similar to the last CoH costume she had, but without less tech gadgets (after Silver Sentry thing, she went back on the basics). I also had a dilemma of giving her long-awaited quiver or a cape, but I went with the cape. Love Angel without a cape is somehow just not that. The only problem I had with Diana was the fact that CO, unlike CoH, seemingly has only two age groups for women... young and old. It's hard to make middle aged looking woman. But simple hair change gave her more mature look so it went well. Smile
Angie on the other hand... she ended up perfectly. Way better than any CoH version, in her power armor she looks quite amazing, and completely Angie. And this time she can use gadgets and whatnot what was only described in CoH, so I'm very, very pleased. Smile

I will now probably make Andreas, and Mark is waiting for that Haloween update and celestial set. But as with Diana, I would prefer not to use any of the Brights yet until 15 years of events roll out fully.

As usual my global is @Rhino

Ah and is there any guide on CO command? Are they same as CoH? Even if they are I forgot almost all of them. :p So I don't even remember how to add global friends.
Rhino
Rhino

Champions : Diana and Angelique

Back to top Go down

Champions, characters and all... Empty Re: Champions, characters and all...

Post  Seetherius Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:31 pm

Glad you have your good time by creating your characters, while I'm not 100% pleased with the character editor. Why? - Because:
  • Chest emblem: no Scales!!!
  • Cape: Whatever you do, you can't color differently the in and outside of it.
  • Face: While you can adjust many different details you can't adjust any detail. Anyone of you who played The Sims 3 knows how mighty a face editor can be and what not details you can adjust. Faces in CO are looking too indifferent (the female ones at least).

Besides that I still have to find somewhere a blueprint for an energy blade (like they are shown in some screenshots and I don't mean the laser sword from the power armor archetype) for Light of Truth. It makes nil sense to me why Light should revert to an ordinary blade (and I still have to think of an excuse for it).

On the other hand if I create a Mesoc I'm 100% pleased, because now I can truely shape him in the way I want:
  • Cornrows!!!
  • Surface of combat armor, either fabric (matt), leather (gloss) or metal (much light reflection)
  • Add costume details here and there, everything a modern hero could need
  • Face: add a chiseled tone to him, adding stubbles around beard and hair area, very cool!
  • Mixing Katana moves with Martial Arts

So the buttom line here is: depends who you play and see from there if you like the character creator or not.

And about CO commands I can't help you much. I haven't searched yet for a complete list of commands in the official forums.
Seetherius
Seetherius
Admin

Champions : Light of Truth

Back to top Go down

Post  Diurne Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:25 pm

Rhino wrote:CO, unlike CoH, seemingly has only two age groups for women... young and old.

Try toying with adding a texture on the face (like the chiseled texture mentioned above). Should be at the bottom of the face options if I recall correctly.
It tends to give a more "realist" look to faces (but choice is limited so it's not yet the perfect tool) and drop the smooth-chubby-baby look you can easily have.
We can only hope that, with time, they expand the options (more face textures, more hairstyles, more Silver Age patterns etc)

Last edited by Diurne on Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:29 pm; edited 2 times in total

Diurne

Champions : Sable Lynx

Back to top Go down

Post  Diurne Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:28 pm

Seetherius wrote:Besides that I still have to find somewhere a blueprint for an energy blade (like they are shown in some screenshots and I don't mean the laser sword from the power armor archetype) for Light of Truth. It makes nil sense to me why Light should revert to an ordinary blade (and I still have to think of an excuse for it).

Try doing a search on power replaces (with screens) for Single Blade.
The dreaded thing being the power replace itself is level-gated because of some arbitrary decision (I crafted two recently, I don't recall they are level-gated but I didn't pay attention).

Then finding the blueprint is another thing (mission, drop, ...)
The player market is just crazy for now with people asking you the whole reserve of the Federal Bank of USA as price for a crappy mundane item you can find on the ground (literally).
Until the market stabilize with people pricing adequately, it will be price gouging.

Diurne

Back to top Go down

Post  Diurne Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:31 pm

Rhino wrote:As usual my global is @Rhino

Oh and mine is @FaeryFire, simply because it was patterned on forum handle during the alpha, without telling us Smile

Diurne

Back to top Go down

Post  Marvel Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:11 am

Rhino wrote:Ah and is there any guide on CO command? Are they same as CoH? Even if they are I forgot almost all of them. :p So I don't even remember how to add global friends.

Console Command List

Marvel.
Marvel
Marvel

Champions : Marvel & Psyche

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhino Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:37 pm

I must change what I said above.
Character creation is way better than CoH one when I started it, actually it's allmost as good as CoH one now. I just realized a ton of costumes and tabs I missed or better to say I dod not realize they are actually pull down menus!

If there is anyone who reads this and was as non-perceptive as me... here goes. When you come to costume part where tabs are with head, body, arms legs and so on... large tab above is actually a pull down menu! In example you click on head tab and above is written "Head and Hairs"... just click on that and whole new world of options will appear! Same goes for every tab!

My god... it's full of costume bits!
Rhino
Rhino

Champions : Diana and Angelique

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down